Registration is now OPEN!
Man, time flies when you’re having fun! We’re just a few short weeks away from a new Goin’ Band season and, with that, Alumni Band Day 2018. If you’re a member of the Goin’ Band Association, you should’ve received a copy of our Summer 2018 “The Foot’n Half News” newsletter where we announced the date for ABD 2018. If you’re not a paying member, you’re missing out on receiving advanced and insider information about the Goin’ Band from Raiderland! Sign up, now!
The Board of Directors is excited to announce that Alumni Band Day 2018 will be held during the TTU vs Lamar football game on September 8th. This has long been a great opportunity for all Goin’ Band alumni to return to the Jones and take their foot’n a half to perform at halftime alongside the Goin’ Band. Registration for the weekend will open very soon!
Please read carefully, as there is some important information we need to share surrounding this event. Due to many of the changes that have occurred over the past few months (including the change in the Goin’ Band leadership), we are using this opportunity to renegotiate some of the finer details of Alumni Band Day (including seating) with Dr. Allen (Director of the Goin’ Band) and Tech Athletics. Below is what we have confirmed and can share. UPDATE 7/16/18 – Latest updates are in red.
- You must register before the deadline (currently September 1, 8:00am Central), in order to receive a ticket into the stadium. We have to give Tech Athletics our numbers early so that they can have the tickets ready to go.
- All non-performing members and guests will need to purchase a ticket. We will be sitting next to the Goin’ Band in sections 27 and 28 this year. Guest tickets will be sold only through GBA (not available through the Ticket Office) at a price of $20/seat. These tickets must be paid before the deadline (currently September 1).
- If you are a member at one of the following levels, GBA will purchase guest tickets on your behalf at no additional cost to you:
- Director – 1 Guest Ticket
- Silver Director – 2 Guest Tickets
- Gold Director – 3 Guest Tickets
- Platinum Director – 4 Guest Tickets
- You do not have to march and/or play to participate in our activities. Buses will be provided for those unable to march to the stadium.
- The game is set for a 3:00pm kickoff, meaning that it will be hot during the game with an early start to the day.
Stay tuned to our website, Facebook, and Twitter feeds as we’ll be posting updates to Alumni Band Day 2018 as we get closer.
We look forward to seeing everyone this fall! If you have any questions, feel free to email us!