Where has the year gone? We’ve been hard at work getting preparations made for Alumni Band Day 2017 and all of a sudden, it’s time to make an announcement and share the details with everyone. All of our members got a sneak peek into the planning of Alumni Band Day in the release of our Spring 2017 newsletter, The Foot’n Half News, so some of this may not come as much of a surprise to you. If you’re not a paying member, you’re missing out on receiving insider information about the Greatest Band in the Land! Sign up, now!
The Board of Directors is excited to announce that Alumni Band Day 2017 has been confirmed for September 16th at the TTU vs Arizona State University football game. We’re very excited by the prospect of this game and hope you are too! This is your opportunity to return to Texas Tech – return to the Jones – and take your foot’n a half to perform a halftime show once more for all of the excited fans in the stands. Please read carefully, as there is some important information we need to share surrounding this event.
- You must register before September 1 in order to receive a ticket into the stadium! Texas Tech Athletics will be donating tickets to all performing members and we need to give them the registration numbers early so they can have the tickets ready to go.
- All non-performing members and guests will need to purchase their tickets. GBA has been offered a group rate discount at $35/person. This must be paid before September 1.
- If you are a member at one of the following levels, GBA will purchase guest tickets on your behalf at no additional cost to you:
- Director – 1 Guest Ticket
- Silver Director – 2 Guest Tickets
- Gold Director – 3 Guest Tickets
- Platinum Director – 4 Guest Tickets
- You do not have to march and/or play to participate in our activities. Buses are provided for those unable to march to the stadium.
Finally, our honor group for Alumni Band Day is a special group that typically always works behind the scenes to make sure that the Goin’ Band can practice or perform no matter where they are. It can be a thankless job, but we are very appreciative of the work they provide to the band each year. For 2017, our honor group is the Bandwagon Drivers! We’ll be recognizing any attending drivers at ABD this year and honoring them for their hard work.
UPDATE 8/14: Tentative Schedule of Events
- 12:00pm Registration Packet Pickup and GBA Store opens – SUB: Red Raider Ballroom
- 3:00pm General Meeting – Hemmle Recital Hall
- 3:30pm Indoor Rehearsal
- 4:00pm Outdoor Rehearsal
- 5:00pm GB17 Fan Performance
- 5:00pm ABD Supper
- 5:45pm Buses depart for stadium
- 6:10pm ABD March Over
- 6:15pm GB17 March Over
- 7:05pm Kick Off
Stay tuned to our website, Facebook, and Twitter feeds as we’ll be posting updates to Alumni Band Day 2017 as we get closer.
We look forward to seeing everyone this fall! If you have any questions, feel free to email us!